Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Great Toddler Challenge


Caed has been into games and puzzles and any other activity that gives him a challenge for quite some time. We are starting to learn that his behavior is directly related to being challenged. It seems that he has lots more "terrible twos" behavior on days that, to me, are wonderfully relaxing but to him, less engaging. So guess who is challenged now???? Patrick and I are making a much more direct effort to make sure we introduce new challenges to him every day, and he loves it! We've found tons of great ideas for crafts, games, and puzzles in blog land. I just have to remind myself, as I am on the couch, that I won't be able to enjoy that HGTV show anyway if he is screaming his head off :-) Most of the time that is enough motivation.
His latest favorite is sorting. We sort everything by shape, color, and any other attribute we can think of. The cool thing is that he suggests things to sort and ways to sort them that I would never think of. This parenting job really keeps you on your toes!

No comments: